Magic: the Gathering Arena
At Copenhagen Games 2020, for the first time, we have the honor of hosting a Magic: The Gathering Arena Mythic Championship Qualifier.
What is Magic: The Gathering Arena?
Magic: The Gathering Arena is the new digital version of the most popular card game in the world - Magic: The Gathering. MTG Arena brings the full experience of the original Trading Card
Game to your screen as you collect, build and play with your cards, and plan out your victory.
Info About the Tournament
The main tournament will start on Thursday April 8 from 12:00 CET - 22.00 CET.
On Friday, the tournament will run from 10.00 CET – 22.00 CET.
There will be side events besides the main tournament. Additional information such as specific match times, formats etc. will be announced closer to the event.
Registration Requirements for the Tournament
Please read our registration requirements closely before you register for the Magic: The Gathering Arena tournament or side events.
1. Player Eligibility
- All players participating in Magic: The Gathering Arena (MTG Arena) competitions must have an active account.
- The event is BYOC, therefore all players will be playing on their own computer.
- Registration for the tournament and side events is to be made through the Copenhagen Games website.
3. Deck registration
- Players are required to register their decks before they can play.
- Decklists and Sideboard must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8/3/2020.
- A player canot play without a registered deck.
- Players can register one deck consisting of a minimun of 60 cards from the current standard rotation.
Please read the tournament rules thouroughly before you sign up for the tournament and also before and during your participation in the tournament. All rules are as follow:
1. Tournament Format
- The tournament format is standard 1v1 in a BO3.
2. Deck Construction
- Your deck must be at least 60 cards.
- Your deck must not include more than four copies of any individual card in your main deck (except basic lands).
- The tournament will be with sideboards.
- There's no maximum deck size, unless otherwise is limited by MTG Arena.
- The deck must be standard legal.
- Should cards be removed from MTG Arena between the registration date and the tournament, players will be given an opportunity to re-make their decks by contacting the admins first.
3. Game Version
- All matches will be played on the patch available on the live servers at the time of a match.
- Players are responsible for making sure the client is up to date before a match starts.
- All players must be online and ready to play at the match times defined by the game admins.
- Players are required to follow the tournament's sign up process and check in on time.
- Failure to check in will lead to not being able to participate in the tournament.
5. Game Preparations
- Please resolve any problems that might occur before a match starts.
- Connection or hardware problems during a match could lead to a disqualification by the admins.
- Agreements between the players have to be posted as match comments.
- The match must be played with the correct settings.
- In the case a player disconnects, the player is allowed to attempt to reconnect.
- The disconnected player has to rejoin the match as soon as they're able to.
- Continued disconnections and rejoins are only allowed up to 3 times.
- After trying to rejoin 3 times without succes, the user must forfeit.
7. Game Restarts
- A match can only be restarted with prior admin approval. Please contact an admin to receive approval.
- Participants can choose to forfeit a match if they wish to.
- Forfeiting will result in a loss of the match and a possible disqualification.
9. No show
- If you do not show up within 10 minutes before your game starts, you will automatically forfeit the game.
- Admins always have the right to make changes before the beginning of the tournament. This also applies during the tournament.
- You must always follow the instructions given by the admins.
- If you have any questions regarding the tournament rules, the format etc., please contact Copenhagen Games immediately. If you have any questions during the Copenhagen Games event, please contact an admin.