This morning Vavle released a new CS:GO update which include several changes to the game:
– Added Holiday Cheer.
– For a limited time, the Negev and R8 Revolver are available in Competitive Matchmaking.
– R8 Revolver: Price reduced to 700
– Negev: Price reduced to 2000 as a starting point, to promote experimentation with the weapon.
– Volume now decays smoothly over distance, instead of by discrete steps.
– Adjusted HRTF audio mix to more closely match sound quality without HRTF.
– Added snd_hrtf_distance_behind (default 100), which allows HRTF to more closely match the perceived direction of a sound source as seen by the actual player behind a monitor.
– Fixed a bug where music volume would be set to the maximum level while accepting a lobby invitation.
– Added support for official game servers in Guangzhou and Shanghai for the Perfect World CS:GO Beta.
– Added Team ID option “Always On w/Equipment” to Game Settings
– Spectators can now use overhead equipment display.
– Fixed overhead equipment display not updating in some cases.
– Fixed orientation of stickers on dropped weapons.
– Adding Game State Integration output for use by tournament organizers. New output for player equipment value (with log_level 3), showing the observer slot for each player and adding a new ‘PhaseCountdowns’ feed for timing the end of warmup/freezetime/round ends.
Due to the changes made to the Negev, the Tournament Organizers have decided to ban the weapon. It will therefore no longer be allowed to use the Negev during official matches. This ban applies to all CS:GO tournaments at Copenhagen Games 2017.